in 1572 by Architect Fr. Antonio Herrera, the Augustinian mission
constructed this church in 1614-1630 ot of locally made bricks and sand
mixed in egg albumin. The church was occupied in 1898 by he
revolutionary forces, and was destroyed in 1942 by the Japanese
shelling. It was repaired in 1949-1952 under the direction of Fr.
Melencio Garcia. It measures 82.45 meters long, 21.12 meters wide and
10.50 meters high. The walls are 2.46 meters thick. It has one nave
originally painted by Italian artists Dibella and Alberoni. The five
story belfry (15.31 meters high) is still in its original structure.